We’ve received photographs of the cup presented at the Annual Exhibition of the Leamington St Mary’s Horticultural Society which took place in August 1895. The Challenge Cup was awarded for the best cropped and cultivated allotment. It looks as though this trophy was awarded for 6 years. Does anyone know what happened after that?
We have also found the advert placed in the Leamington Spa Courier on July 21st 1894 for the first Annual Exhibition. It seems like quite a lively affair with music, dancing and lectures and refreshments. The advert below has been reproduced (for easier reading) as closely a possible to the original with regards to fonts and layout.